Motivational Quotes

motivational quotes

If a warrior is to succeed at anything,
the success must come gently,
with a great deal of effort but with no stress or obsession.
- Carlos Castaneda

The finest kind of friendship is between people
who expect a great deal of each other but never ask it.
- Anonymous

Deal with the faults of others as gently as with your own.
- Chinese proverb

Happiness is not the absence of problems,
but the willingness to deal with them joyfully.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures
from the shelter of compassion and pity,
you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men.
- St. Francis of Assisi

When life gets you down -
just put on your big girl panties and deal with it.
- Anonymous humor

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others,
you should put a good deal of thought
into the happiness that you are able to give.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

To the extent that we are all educated and informed, we will be more equipped to deal with the gut issues that tend to divide us.
- Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg

A little thought and a little kindness are often worth more than a great deal of money.
- John Ruskin

It seems that we have it backward in our society.
We tend to look up to people
who are under a great deal of stress,
who can handle loads of stress,
and those who are under a great deal of pressure.
- Richard Carlson

The genius of a good leader is to leave behind him a situation which common sense, without the grace of genius, can deal with successfully.
- Walter Lippmann

Poetry is a deal of joy and pain and wonder, with a dash of the dictionary.
- Khalil Gibran

I think while all mothers deal with feelings of guilt, working mothers are plagued by guilt on steroids!
- Arianna Huffington

Lawyers spend a great deal of their time shoveling smoke.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

There are no extraordinary men... just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.
- William Halsey

The only reason we don't open our hearts and minds to other people
is that they trigger confusion in us
that we don't feel brave enough or sane enough to deal with.
To the degree that we look clearly and compassionately at ourselves,
we feel confident and fearless about looking into someone else's eyes.
- Pema Chodron

To deal with individual human needs
at the everyday level can be noble sometimes.
- Jimmy Carter

The game of golf would lose a great deal if croquet mallets and billiard cues were allowed on the putting green.
- Ernest Hemingway

The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it is the same problem you had last year.
- John Foster Dulles

Gentlemen have talked a great deal of patriotism. A venerable word, when duly practised.
- Robert Walpole

Good management is the art of making problems so interesting and their solutions so constructive that everyone wants to get to work and deal with them.
- Paul Hawken

It is a great deal of difference to receive an honorary title or a title in his profession.
- Leon Askin

We are going to see a tremendous number of health professionals retire over the next 8-10 years. We are not doing nearly enough to deal with this problem.
- David Obey

There are some people that will be deterred by the fact that we have nuclear weapons... But those people are the folks we can deal with anyway.
- Charles Horner

My idea of good company is the company of clever, well-informed people who have a great deal of conversation; that is what I call good company.
- Jane Austen

I'm a radical reformist, because between where we are and where I want to go there's a great deal of work, and I won't see the end of this.
- Susan George

Imagination has a great deal to do with winning.
- Mike Krzyzewski

I may have been lucky with some sort of intuition, but I believe in training a great deal.
- David Selby

I got a publishing deal with BMG, they were supportive, and some money to record demos.
- Duncan Sheik

In advertising, I was frustrated by having to deal with the client. It was the only time I really worked in a proper office, and I didn't like it-simple as that.
- Terry Gilliam

Prose on certain occasions can bear a great deal of poetry; on the other hand, poetry sinks and swoons under a moderate weight of prose.
- Walter Savage Landor

I just don't deal with the negativity. I can't get involved in that side of it. I don't understand it, and you can't let it take away from your life and what you are trying to do.
- Rick Pitino

I felt a tremendous sadness for men who can't deal with a woman of their own age.
- Michael Caine

Maybe there's a chance to get back to grown-up films. Anything that uses humor and dramatic values to deal with human emotions and gets down to what people are to people.
- Robert Altman

You know, I once leased a Mercedes because I got a good deal on it because of my first name.
- Mercedes Ruehl

No, one of the great things about my three-year deal is that it's year-round. They've offered me an opportunity to cover a lot of things in the offseason, too.
- Lisa Guerrero

There's a great deal of attention paid and books written about this change of life in a woman, and really very little written about a man's change of life.
- Frank Langella

Controversies are a package deal in this industry. You just have to understand that and accept it.
- Akshay Kumar

A lot of music you might listen to is pretty vapid, it doesn't always deal with our deeper issues. These are the things I'm interested in now, particularly at my age.
- Annie Lennox

You're just so excited that you have this record deal or this movie opportunity that you don't stand up for yourself and say, This is what I want to do.
- Solange Knowles

When we deal with questions relating to principles of law and their applications, we do not suddenly rise into a stratosphere of icy certainty.
- Charles Evans Hughes

We have defeated Jim Crow, but now we have to deal with his son, James Crow Jr., esquire.
- Al Sharpton

Now so many really good groups who have had a first major hit can't get a deal for a second one.
- Crystal Gayle

I have learned a lot about myself and come to deal with a lot of things that, at first, bothered me.
- Reba McEntire

Too many people say to their brokers, I can't deal with this. Take my money. Do what you want. That's the worst attitude you can have.
- Maria Bartiromo

What's the worst that can happen? If it doesn't do well I can put on my big girl panties, deal with it and move on.
- Halle Berry

I think success has no rules, but you can learn a great deal from failure.
- Jean Kerr

We need to be more careful, but more compassionate. We must strike, not deal with terrorists, but to broaden our understanding of the world outside our borders.
- Ricardo Lagos

The thematic, psychological, and cultural concerns of a writer are more relevant than whatever literary mode he or she chooses to deal with in any given novel.
- Norman Spinrad

I really have a great deal of humility in that department, and a great deal of respect for people who spend their lives learning how to make these amazing preparations.
- Ted Allen

You can forgive yourself a great deal.
- Eddie Albert

See everything, overlook a great deal, correct a little.
- Pope John XXIII

Well, because I have twin seven-year-old boys, I enjoy the gift giving stuff a great deal. We do both Hanukkah and Christmas, so it is a costly, though extremely pleasing proposition.
- Fred Melamed

I'm not so interested any more in how a great deal of science fiction goes. It goes into things like Star Wars and Star Trek which all go excellent in their own way.
- Robert Sheckley

I tour with a piano, actually. Luckily I am able to hire people that deal with it completely and magically a piano appears on stage and then magically disappears when I leave.
- Vanessa Carlton

We learn from our gardens to deal with the most urgent question of the time: How much is enough?
- Wendell Berry

This unusual and highly successful species spends a great deal of time examining his higher motives and an equal amount of time ignoring his fundamental ones.
- Desmond Morris

That's a big deal for kids, when they come into the kitchen and the teacher is drinking coffee with mom. They react differently on the next day when you say: 'Sit down and shut-up!'
- Ed O'Neill

My answer to the racial problem in America is to not deal with it at all. The founding fathers dealt with it when they made the Constitution.
- James Meredith

The simple act of paying positive attention to people has a great deal to do with productivity.
- Thomas J. Peters

Some people are born gardeners, some are politicians. I was an actor. It took a great deal of pain before I figured that out. I didn't relate to most of it.
- Kathleen Quinlan

A girl who is interested in becoming a model must first accept the fact that she is the product. She must be ready to deal with a lot of rejection.
- Karolina Kurkova

It's so funny how my name has always been such a big deal. When I was growing up, my family was always moving. I had to meet new people all the time. And they'd laugh.
- Calista Flockhart

There are no classes in life for beginners; right away you are always asked to deal with what is most difficult.
- Rainer Maria Rilke